Sunday, October 12, 2008

I am GLAD that the project is almost over, BUT..

I've got to say: This project was h***.
This project caused me sleepless nights and almost caused me to have a 'nervous breakdown'. This project is not for the faint hearted!

However, it was my utmost pleasure and honour to have 3 fabulous and hardworking team mates working with me on this project.

1)Brandon: the efficient leader
2)Joyce: the cooperative and competent team mate
3)Chong Guan: the capable secretary

It was a blessing to have them working together with a clumsy team mate like me!
Our project question was not like the others. it was not only taxing to work on it, but also very time consuming. We've spent countless hours together, trying to solve problems that we've met along the way. Problem as small as what words to use and the grammar that we should use.

Nothing was easy but we were very focused during meetings and no time was wasted on unnecessary discussions and others things. Everybody did their fair share of work and the contributions and sacrifices that they had made was immeasurable. No one gave additional work to the other group members. As much as possible, we did whatever we had to dom and the rest of the team would proof read and edit. Efficiency is the word to describe our team.

It was due to such great personalities in the team, would the project go on so smoothly and successfully. Tough and draining was nothing compared to the friendship and trust we had cultivated from doing this project.

Our team IS a team of ferocious and brave soldiers who fought side by side in defeating this 'excruciating' project(oops..!!). In any case, it was of greatest pleasure to work with Joyce, Brandon and CG. I would never forget such awesome team spirit that we had. Well done, team!

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Hi Miranda, yes, our project was h***. Anyway you have to give yourself some credit too! As your group mate, I personally find that you are quite a good thinker and you actually contribute good ideas! Like what you mentioned, nothing was easy, but we were able to remain focused, so I guess that is why we were able to meet our tight deadlines!

Zhi Lian said...

After reading your post, I agree that your group was very dedicated and efficient when it comes to dealing with this time- and energy-draining project. No one was slacking or hitching on a free ride from anybody, so I guess your group members are really good team players. Everyone knows their own jobs and roles so this indicates that your group members are really responsible people and I trust that communication among all of you should not have been a problem otherwise there would have been conflicts arising.

Anyway, I guess you had a great time working with them and yes, the research project is almost over, but we still have the oral presentation later on. Nevertheless, a round of applause for you and your group members for the job well done.

daijing said...

Hi Miranda, I can see that u really enjoyed working with your 3 other group members. It's nice to see that you guys tried to come together to solve problems that you all met while doing the project. I guess two brains is always better than one. I feel that meeting up not only prevents any possible misunderstanding but may even find a better solution to the problem.
However, time is always an issue. Different people may have different commitments and therefore it is always difficult to find a suitable time to meet up. Plus the tight datelines, I totally agree that efficiency is important.
Anyway, I'm glad that you had a pleasant experience in doing this research project.

Gary Ng said...

Hey Miranda! I think it is great to have responsible team mates in your groups. The project is really tedious and having team mates who play their parts is really important.I guess it is the great rapport that is built in the team that is why you guys trust each other, thus completing the project in time.Thumbs up for the job well done.

Unknown said...

Hi Miranda, i can see that you really enjoyed your project!!You sound so happy!I feel the same that no matter how tedious and frustrating the process of doing the project can be, it is always a rewarding experience after all. We will never forget our lovely groupmates.

You used a very important word to describe your group:efficient! This project has a tight schedule and everyone is busy especially after the midterm break, so efficiency becomes something everyone wants to achieve. I wish all my projects can be described as 'efficient' as well.

jiahwa said...

Hi Miranda! I am sure all of us had a hard time keeping up with the tight schedule of this project. I am sure, too, that it was our great groupmates that kept us going.

Just like your group, I had an efficient and dedicated leader (Edwin) and two very focused and responsible team mates (Chen Xin and Dai Jing). With such co-operative group mates, everything was made easier as each of us make an effort to contribute equally to the project.

Efficient team work is all about co-operation among the members. Hence, I am sure your team consists of all very co-operative members (including yourself!). I am proud to say that I feel my group has it too. (:

Cheers,
JiaHwa

p.s: let's all work hard for the last lap! (Oral presentation *horrors*)

grace kim said...

Hi Miranda,

I'm glad that something positive came out of the project despite the challenges you faced during the process as seen in this sentence, "Tough and draining was nothing compared to the friendship and trust we had cultivated from doing this project." I hope that besides the cultivation of great friendships, there were other benefits you gained out of this process such as the development of various types of research skills :-)