Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Biodata

Hello everyone!

The sole reason that pushed me into making teaching my career was simple: I want to help. When I was young, I wanted to be a doctor. However, such an aspiration was far from completion. It was only when I started teaching piano, I realised that it could bring me so much joy and fulfillment too.

Academically, I am an Applied Mathematics undergraduate in NUS. On top of that, I am pursuing my diploma in piano teaching. I have also received my certificates for my Grade 8 piano and theory. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to teach.

Most of all, I love mixing around with the young people. They make me feel that I can contribute in small ways to the society by nurturing a new generation of passionate people. I would want to continue to influence them and instilling in them the true meaning of learning

5 comments:

daijing said...

Hi Miranda, after reading your biodata, I can deeply feel the love and passion you have about being a piano teacher. I'm impressed by your desire in educating the young, not solely about teaching piano skills, but also important values about learning. However, maybe you would like to include some achievements you have in piano so that people can have a better understanding about your skills.

But anyway, I strongly feel that you are definitely a wonderful piano teacher to have.

Illya Nafiza said...

Hey Seet, how about shortening it to 100-words. Its more like an essay now!

Other than that, Im pretty sure anyone who reads this would realize your deep passion for music!

Zhi Lian said...

Hi there Miranda, I am glad that you are able to integrate your passion for piano with your career for teaching. It is always good to be able to do something which you like, especially if you are going to perform it everyday repeatedly.

I agree that when we all young and innocent back then as a child, everything and anything seems to be possible as in there were infinite opportunities for dreams to be made. But as we grow up, the reality of life often diminishes most of the dreams we once had. Hence, I am happy for you that in spite of not being able to become a doctor, you have decided to seek and pursue with your interest in piano/music and make the best of it in your life.

It is always good to have a purpose in life and to be able to receive fulfillment and satisfaction from it.

Illya Nafiza said...

Yup, now its better! Good job!

grace kim said...

Hi Miranda, I can see that you are truly passionate about teaching piano and using your skills to touch as many lives as you can and that's truly wonderful! Not many people feel the way you do.

However, except for the second paragraph, your post sounds more like a short description of your aspirations/passion and less like a biodata that contains other skills/ abilities/interests/personality traits, etc. Still, a good effort!